Wednesday, August 22, 2007

DO we REALLY need MAIDS?

Why do we need maids? There are about 1,000,000 maids in Saudi Arabia ALONE.... Now, come on people. What we can't get up and get a glass of water? I hear many stories of maids on how they are treated. It is really sad, horrible, and disgusting.

The reason for me needing one is just to follow up...cleaning, help in cooking, things like that. BUT I will never leave my twins left alone with her. NO WAY. For some people they do, that's is their business. I am NOT against them in anyway shape or form only for the children's sake.

Maids in Saudi Arabia are House - guests, according to some links that I have been reading lately.

It's really sad to see these 'lazy' people not getting up to get things really just piss me off. I have many stories relating to those 'lazy' people.

About a week ago, during my daughter's party, the family came. ALL of them. Of course, they have maids, but nobody came with them. So, my maid HAD to do everything, including me, follow my twins, give tea, and all that great stuff.
Its really frustrating if you ask me.

Our mom's did everything, what ? SOME mom now needs someone to get a glass a water when its actual there by her?

Maids are needed for help if the MOM has small children, yes, I understand.
I dont believe for the old people, what about their relatives, what? they cant take care of him or her?
Moms with teenage daughters doesnt need maids. So, I am in the middle I think.

So, do we really need maids? In my WHOLE opinion? No...maybe some of you disagree or agree that's up to you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't live in KSA, but I have several family members that do (I'm part Saudi). As I am an American, I'm not used to the maid system either. I've even heard a man proudly exclaim that he doesn't even know the layout of his kitchen, because he's never stepped foot in it!

This reliance on luxury is merely a handicap for so many people. Once the money disappears, so does the luxury. There will be anarchy in every home (I may be exaggerating a bit, but honestly...). It's mere laziness. It may just be a form of societal regression to childhood. They need a persistant mother figure, albeit one they can use and abuse without guilt.

Cãmê£ C®úšhê® said...

I agree with you maya.

Cãmê£ C®úšhê® said...

I agree with you maya.

Umm Khalid said...

I hate the way most maids are treated here in Saudi!! They become a lower being. No longer human! And I am sure they also start to feel that way about themselves..Sad!!!
To me it is mind blowing cause you have all these women treating maids like crap. Making them cook,clean, raise the kids..Everything..And they sit on their butt doing NOTHING.. But at the same time they are lower beings? Ok so please explain to me how a woman sitting and doing nothing for herself is better than a woman who is doing everything for herself and someone else's family (MAKING HER OWN DOLLAR or riyal in this case) is of a less human?? Understand? The maid is working her way earning honest money while the other woman sits and collects off her husband and demands 100 things to be done. Not sure how that makes the lazy woman of higher status.
The maid I had in my house for 6 months was treated like one of us and no less.. Of course everyone around us had something bad to say about how well she was treated!
And even complained more when they found out my kids still had their own chores to do!

Cãmê£ C®úšhê® said...

Sorry I didnt respond to your sooner Umm Khalid , but ur right. These maids come for a reason to make ends meet at home...I treat my maid w/respect she is like one of the family too, but I dont sit on my keisher all day and watch her clean.